943 w magazynie
This pattern is in English.
The Must Have Sweater is a timeless design that is very versatile and that goes well with any outfit. It is knitted with premium yarn; a mix of alpaca, cotton, and merino.
This design is knitted top-down, partially in the round and partially flat using a half fisherman’s rib stitch. First, the back is knitted flat until the underarms. Afterward, each shoulder is separately knitted flat on circular needles, while increasing to shape the neckline. The shoulders are then joined to form the front yoke. At the underarm, the front and back are joined and the body is worked in the round on circular needles. Stitches for the sleeves are picked up along the armholes, and then knitted in the round down to the cuffs. Lastly, stitches will be picked up around the neckline in order to knit the folded neckband.
SIZE GUIDE AND MEASUREMENTS
The Must Have Sweater is designed to have approx. 28 cm [11 inches] of positive ease, meaning it is designed to be 28 cm [11 inches] larger in circumference than your bust measurement.
Available sizes: S ( M ) L
The sizes S ( M ) L are designed to fit approx. bust circumference of 80-88 (88-96) 96-104 cm [ 31-35 (35-38) 38-41 in ]
Before beginning your project, measure yourself to determine which size will fit you the best. For example, if you measure 90 cm [35½ inches] around your bust (or around the widest part on your upper body) you should knit a size M. A size M sweater has a bust circumference of 130 cm [39.5 inches] which in the given example would give you 34cm [13.5 inches] of positive ease.
- Bust circumference: 116 ( 124 ) 130 cm [ 45 ( 49 ) 52.75 in ]
- Length: measured mid-back excluding folded neckband 58 ( 60 ) 62 cm [ 23 ( 23.75 ) 24.25 in ]
gauge (after blocking) 10 cm (4 in) x 11 cm (4 in), 10 s x 20 r in a half fisherman’s rib stitch on 5mm (US8) needles
- row 1: k until the end of the row
- row 2: *p, k1b, repeat * until the end of the row
YARN, KNITTING NEEDLES, OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Snefnug by CaMaRose 50g/110m, total yardage needed ~ S (M) L 400 (425) 500g, colour 7811 Snehvid
- knitting needles: circular needles 5mm (US8), 3.5mm (US4) cables: 50cm, 70 cm, 2 x 100cm, double pointed needles 5mm (US8)
- other accessories: wool needle, 1 marker, elastic thread
- Language: English
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- check classification here
- It is a digital product. Instant PDF download includes access code to the protected website section with the pattern. Access code is sent instantly once payment is confirmed.
- Pattern is available on this site.
- because you care, no PDFs, no printing, no trees cut down
- it is a digital product, therefore it is not possible to return it and claim a refund.
- Each technique used in the pattern has its dedicated video tutorial ❤️ all tutorials are available for free on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/handmadestateofmind
- list of all techniques used in the pattern is available inside the pattern with the links to the respective tutorials
Check our FAQ for more information.