Classic Alpaca Sweater
The Classic Alpaca Sweater is a minimalistic, oversized design that will perfectly complete any of your outfits. This sweater has a lowered shoulder line. It’s knit with premium yarn; a mix of alpaca, cotton, and merino.
This sweater is designed to be knitted top-down, partially in the round and flat, using a half fisherman’s rib stitch.
The Classic Alpaca Sweater is designed to have approx. 28 cm [11 inches] of positive ease, meaning it is designed to be 28 cm [11 inches] larger in circumference than your bust measurement.
Available sizes: S ( M ) L
Sizes S ( M ) L are designed to fit an approx. bust circumference of 80-88 (88-96) 96-104 cm [ 31-35 (35-38) 38-41 in ]
Before beginning your project, measure yourself to determine which size will fit you the best. For example, if you measure 90 cm [35½ inches] around your bust (or around the widest part on your upper body) you should knit a size M. A size M sweater has a bust circumference of 124 cm [48.75 inches] which in the given example would give you 34 cm [13.5 inches] of positive ease.
Bust circumference: 114 ( 124 ) 134 cm [ 45 ( 48.75 ) 52.75 in ]
Length: measured from the mid-back excluding the folded neckband 57 ( 59 ) 61 cm [ 22.50 ( 23.25 ) 24 in ]
gauge (after blocking) 10 cm (4 in) x 11 (4 in) cm, 10 s x 20 r in a half fisherman’s rib stitch on 5mm (US8) needles
- row 1: k until the end of the row
- row 2: *p, k1b, repeat * until the end of the row
- Snefnug by CaMaRose 50g/110m, total yardage needed ~ S (M) L 400 (425) 500g, colour 7310 Askegra.
- knitting needles: circular needles 5mm (US8) with 50cm + 2 x 100cm cable or double pointed needles 5mm (US8)
- other accessories: wool needle, 5 markers (1 in a contrasting colour or shape), 2 safety pins, elastic thread
because you care
pattern is web-based | no pdfs, no printing, no trees cut down
if you have an access code, just enter it below. if you do not have an access code yet, you can buy it in my shop.