Basic Merino Scarf
this pattern comes with a full knit along video tutorial on YouTube
because you care
pattern is web-based | no pdfs, no printing, no trees cut down
must have classic design!
This timeless scarf design will add a very modern look to you style. The beauty of the scarf comes from its simplicity achieved with a 2 x 2 ribbed pattern, enhanced by a colour change . Knitted with premium a 100% merino yarn
get ready || before you start knitting
The scarf is approx. 2.5 m [98.5 inches] long and 18 cm [7 inches] wide
10 cm (4 in) x 10 cm(4 in) 24 s x 20 r in 2×2 rib (k2,p2) on 5 mm (US8) needles with 2 strands held together
- yarn: Sunday by Sandnes Garn 50g/235m , scarf is knitted with 2 strands of yarn held together , total yardage needed:
- knitting needles:
- straight needles 5 mm (US 8)
- other accessories: wool needle, a piece of spare yarn in a contrasting colour
let's knit || knitting pattern
About the scarf construction
The design of this scarf is very simple and is based on 2 x 2 (purl 2, knit 2)ribbing pattern. You knit it on the straight needles 5mm (US8).
You start knitting this scarf by creating an elastic 2 x 2 edge. & then you enjoy pure joy of knitting until your scarf is of desired length. Throughout the knitting process ensure even selvedge stitches and smooth transition between colours. You can also decide to knit in one colour only.
- as you are working at the same time with 2 strands of yarn try to avoid tangling.
- to get two strands of Sunday Yarn from the same skein, pull one end from the outside and one from the inside of the skein
- enjoy it! this design is all about the pure pleasure of knitting! 🙂