Basic Merino Hat
this pattern comes with a full knit along video tutorial on YouTube for those with a pattern access
click the icon to shop this pattern on Etsy
because you care
pattern is web-based | no pdfs, no printing, no trees cut down
must have classic design!
This timeless design will add a very modern look to you style. The hat is knitted bottom up in the round on circular needles. Its highlights being a folded brim, a symmetrically decreased crown and a 2 x 2 ribbed pattern.
get ready || before you start knitting
- XS|S (perfect for women) designed to fit approx. head circumference of 53-57 cm [ 20.75-22.5 inches]
- M|L (perfect for men) designed to fit approx. head circumference of 57-60 cm [22.5-23.5 inches
10 cm (4 in) x 10 cm(4 in) 24 s x 20 r in 2×2 rib (k2,p2) on 5 mm (US8) needles with 2 strands held together
- yarn: Sunday by Sandnes Garn 50g/235m , a hat is knitted with 2 strands of yarn held together , total yardage needed:
- knitting needles: circular needles 3,5mm (US 4) with 50 cm cable , alternatively double pointed needles of the same size to shape the crown
- other accessories: wool needle + 5 markers (preferably 1 in contrasting colour), an elastic thread, a piece of spare yarn in a contrasting colour