must have in the it-girl wardrobe!
This simple, yet elegant design is knitted in top-down raglan technique. It makes it easy to try it on along the way, so you can customize it to fit your body and end up with the perfect sleeve and body length for you. Slightly oversized with feminine silhouette, is knitted with premium mix yarn of mohair and silk that you can wear on your nude body.
get ready || before you start knitting
The Airy Essential Sweater is designed to have approx. 14 cm [5.5 inches] of positive ease, meaning it is designed to be 14 cm [5.5 inches] larger in circumference than your bust measurement.
Available sizes: S ( M ) L
The sizes S ( M ) L are designed to fit approx. bust circumference of 80-88 (88-96) 96-104 cm [ 31-35 (35-38) 38-41 in ]
Before beginning your project, measure yourself to determine which size will fit you the best. For example, if you measure 90 cm [35½ inches] around your bust (or around the widest part on your upper body) you should knit a size M. A size M sweater has a bust circumference of 108 cm [42.5 inches] which in the given example would give you 18 cm [7 inches] of positive ease.
Bust circumference: 100 ( 108 ) 116 cm [ 39.5 ( 42.5 ) 45.75 in ]
Length: measured mid back excluding folded neckband 52 ( 54 ) 56 cm [ 20.5 ( 21.25 ) 22 in ]
gauge 10 cm (4 in) x 10(4 in) cm, 20 s x 15 r in stockinette stitch on 5mm (US8) needles with 2 strands held together
- yarn: Tynn Silk Mohair by Sandnes Garn 25g/212m , sweater is knitted double stranded, total yardage needed ~ S (M) L 175 (200) 225 g, colour 4323
- knitting needles: circular needles 5 mm (US 8 mm) with 50 & 100 cm cables; optionally double-pointed needles 5mm for sleeves knitting
- other accessories: wool needle + 9 markers (preferably 1 in contrasting colour), 2 interchangeable cables or pieces or yarn to be used as the holders for sleeves’ stitches
let's knit || knitting pattern
About the sweater construction
The biggest advantage of this design is that it doesn’t require you to count stitches but rather it guides you how to make a perfect fit while trying it on along the way.
Airy Essential Sweater is constructed in the top-down technique, knitted with two strands of Silk Mohair. You will knit it on circular needles, possibly changing to the double-pointed needles for cuffs. Entire sweater is knitted on 5mm (US8) needles
You start knitting a sweater from a neckband. Once completed, you proceed to shape the neckline using German Short Rows while at the same time creating a raglan increase. You continue with the raglan increase until the length of the sweater is sufficient to split stitches between body and sleeves. While sleeves stitches rest on the holder you continue knitting the body to the desired length. Body is finished off with a 5cm (2in) of ribbing and tubular cast off for elastic effect. After this step, you proceed with knitting sleeves, one at a time. Sleeves are also finished off with a ribbing and tubular cast off.
- as you are working at the same time with 2 strands of yarn try to avoid tangling.
- to get two strands of Silk Mohair Yarn from the same skein, pull one end from the outside and one from the inside of the skein
- enjoy it! this design is all about the pure pleasure of knitting! 🙂